stomach fat

Options
has anybody got any suggestions or tips on how to target the fat on my tummy? diet or exercise related, thanks :)

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no way to spot reduce fat. Sorry =(
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    you can't target it. keep losing elsewhere and it'll eventually go away.

/thread.
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wish there were.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Can't be done. You don't target fat. You reduce overall body fat. Stomach is often the last place to go.
  • jessmoff
    Options
    Hey I would suggest stomach crunches, sit-ups etc but that will really only help to tone but may help a little bit, if your loosing weight in general it should start to reduce :)
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It will eventually go down the more you lose. In the meantime, do some tranverse ab exercises to work your inner core. No, they will not get rid of the fat, but once it does come off, you will have nice, flat, and strong abs.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hey I would suggest stomach crunches, sit-ups etc but that will really only help to tone but may help a little bit, if your loosing weight in general it should start to reduce :)

There is no way to spot reduce. Once the body fat is reduced, muscles will reveal themselves.
  • gawx
    gawx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    aw okay ;/ thanks anyway!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    The best results I have seen, and I creep though A LOT of pages is using the following in some fashion.

best results for flat tummy.

With barbell
    Squats,
    Dead Lifts
    Rows
    Bench Press
    Clean Press
  • Ethel_1
    Ethel_1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Iam walking on a treadmill that auto inclines with speed Iam at 5mph and 6%uphill 30 minutes 2x daily it has tighted my belly
    and I have lost 11lbs.in 2wks :flowerforyou:
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The best results I have seen, and I creep though A LOT of pages is using the following in some fashion.

With barbell
    Squats,
    Dead Lifts
    Rows
    Bench Press
    Clean Press

Those don't spot reduce either, sorry.

Two things make a tummy flat or not flat:

Posture
    body fat

Ok there is a third:

Gas or no gas

Oh, and fourth:
    A full belly can look round as you start to lean out. Actually even a full bladder can round you out
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    has anybody got any suggestions or tips on how to target the fat on my tummy? diet or exercise related, thanks :)

Well, they say built muscles help burn cals/fat while inactive. I would think crunches would help, but it is a really difficult area...perhaps the hardest.

Good lucK!
  • Ethel_1
    Ethel_1 Posts: 2
    Options
    :heart: my tread milltells me im burning 145calories with my workout so 2x145=395 daily
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

With barbell
    Squats,
    Dead Lifts
    Rows
    Bench Press
    Clean Press

Those don't spot reduce either, sorry.

Two things make a tummy flat or not flat:

Posture
    body fat

Ok there is a third:

Gas or no gas

Oh, and fourth:
    A full belly can look round as you start to lean out. Actually even a full bladder can round you out

I think you missed the point. :smile:
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    lowering your body fat % is the only way really.

or suck it in! ;)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    :heart: my tread milltells me im burning 145calories with my workout so 2x145=395 daily

that's fine and good, but it isn't targeting fat on your stomach.
  • rosemary98
    rosemary98 Posts: 632
    Options
    is it bloat possibly and not fat? you may have an allergy to dairy or gluten. not necessarily an allergy, but an intolerance. i stopped dairy completely and my stomach is pretty flat.

Note: not suggesting you avoid a food group, just promoting the idea it could be something other than fat.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

With barbell
    Squats,
    Dead Lifts
    Rows
    Bench Press
    Clean Press

These plus the old adage that you can build a six pack in the kitchen!! If you want to lose fat, your body is going to decide where to take it from so you need to reduce total body fat and a good combination to do that is by utilizing compound lifts and eating right. But no matter what you cannot out run a bad diet!!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

2 x 145 = 290
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    If you tend to store fat in your tummy and not in your hips, then going with a low-carb diet may get you there. It worked for me when I used South Beach Diet in 2005. Right on the cover of the book it says "Lose the Belly Fat First".

southbeach.jpg