Need more friends

Options
Hi this is my second time with MFP. I have been doing WW for awhile ans while that’s great I have plateaued and need a new approach.

I have lost 12 lbs if the 50 I need to lose.

I’m 52 years old and I work out 60 min 5x a week. This week I added YouTube videos with weights. I had been doing running and biking.

Any tips for me I’d love.

Replies

• joanneaggesen1
    joanneaggesen1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi kbella! jaggesen here. I'm turning 60 this year and have committed myself to losing the excess weight once and for all. Been a vegetarian most of my life, and I eat very healthy. I grow my own veggies all summer long. My problem is portion control, since I'm a very good cook, LOL! So now I've signed up on myfitness to really track my portions. I'm making use of the Beach Body 21 Day Fix portion control containers, I find they help me a lot.
    More than measuring cups and spoons, they're lightweight plastic and I can throw a few in my bag if I'll be out really measure things easily. Plus they're color coded for protein, starch, fats, etc. You don't have to sign onto the program to get them, you can get knock offs on Amazon much cheaper.

I also want to practice keeping all my meals within an 8 hour window. This type of intermittent fasting supposedly helps you lose weight easier. Essentially you eat during 8 hours so that the other 16 hours of the day your body gets to digest, repair and rest. Makes sense.

I walk 4 miles daily, and will be doing Pilates 20 minutes a day, as well as weight training for my flabby arms. My blood pressure has been inching up in the last two years, and I'm sure it's because of the extra poundage, since I've had normal blood pressure my whole life. That's a bit scary to me, so I want to reverse that NOW before it goes any further.

12 pounds is awesome, keep going. Keep posting as you progress--and even as you don't--it's good to know other people hit those plateaus too. Peace and good luck!