To New Endeavors

Options
Hey y'all,
I'm brand spankin' new here, and honestly not sure what I'm doing, but here goes nothing. I've worked on my weight loss and fitness sporadically ever since high school, but I've always been pretty secretive about it. Not sure why, it just feels too personal, but I'd like to change that and making some "imaginary friends" is a perfect start. I work in healthcare, so I have enough knowledge and I battle the manifestations of poor lifestyle choices in other people every time go to work, so it's time to bring it home.
I've followed a low carb/primal type diet to help manage my blood sugars (used to get nasty blood sugar drops) for years, and it helped me get from my highest weight of 180 lbs, but I'm not consistent enough. As much as I hate routine and tracking, I need to see numbers. So I'm here to start counting some calories! And become for fit and healthy in the process.

One of my struggles is going to be focusing on health, not appearances, but that is what I need to do. I love to support people, and I greatly appreciate support from others, so add me as a friend if you'd like, or however that works (I haven't gotten that far in exploring the community section to find that out..).

I'm 5'2", currently 165 - 168 lb, and I've got enough upper body strength to load, unload, and stack fifty 35 - 40 lb bales of hay by myself, but if I run I wheeze. My goal is 120 lb, and to ...not wheeze?
Thanks for listening to me!

Replies

• sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Always glad when someone takes the steps to get healthier. If your following a low carb diet just stick to that and add way more vegetables. Find vegetables that you like and fill up on those before higher calorie foods. Helps with hunger and they keep you full. I've been losing 1 pound per week and I seriously never get hungry. For example, 1 pound of strawberries has about 200 calories with low sugar and high in fiber. There is a reason why doctor's recommend plenty of fruits and vegetables. Good luck!