How would you log this?

Options
Having just prepared my dinner I have come across a bit of a conundrum... The meat I have done is a minted lam steak from icelands, listed on the back as 368 cals for 100g. Not a problem. I weigh one steak, exactly 100g (this is frozen btw) and cook. Once done, I realise there is bone in the steak so I remove that, and out of curiosity I weighed the pitiful amount of meat there to eat after cooking.. 40g. And the bone was another 30, so 70g was either water or fat, but now I'm at a total loss as to what to log - because clearly I'm not eating 100g of meat - I don't want to short change my calories and eat too little

Thoughts welcome!

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Don't quote me on this... but I thought meat packages listed calorie information for uncooked meat. So, as is, out of the package. I would still list it at 100g.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have logged the 100g - still, 368 calories for 40g of consumable.. not sure even a cheesecake can beat that kind of calorific density.. it doesn't seem to add up :shrug:
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well, if it's 100g for the uncooked meat, subtract how much the bone weighs (30g) and count it as 70 g of uncooked meat=257.6 calories.