Treat day

Options
2»

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,454 Member
    Options
    Sundays are doughnut day. One for breakfast and one for snack. I build them into the day and deliberately eat a light lunch and evening snack to allow room for them.

I try to eat them lingeringly and lovingly to make every slow, languorous nibble worth scrimping somewhere else during the day.

Sadly, they’ve stopped making my favorites except for one. The maple/bacon one this morning may have put the cure on me for a while. I could make some fab French toast out of homemade bread and enjoy it waaaaay more than that or “vegan pumpkin” or “Fruit Loops”. Gag. Couldn’t stand Fruit Loops even when I was eating everything in sight.

Nevertheless am counting the minutes til snack time so I can indulge in doughnut#2 of Doughnut Sunday. Creme brûlée. Mmmm.

You don’t need to have “go wild” days. Just plan ahead so you make sure you incorporate foods you truly enjoy into your diary. Those wild days do nothing but sabotage your efforts. OTOH, if it does happen, dust yourself off, learn something new about the process, and carry on.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I don't categorize food in this manner and choose to eat what I want, when I want.

I log it all then make reasonable adjustments to my eating plan for the remainder of the day (or week).

Today, for example, I had an unusually high carb brunch (pancakes, pure maple syrup, roasted pears, fiber supp, etc). So...I'll be sure to eat high protein and moderate fats for the remainder of the day 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • CardinalComb
    CardinalComb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Friday is a major cheat day with a large pizza for dinner. Saturday is minor cheat day with a croissant or nachos. Sunday is nutrition day where I consume high cals of quality, nutritious and delicious food.
  • spr931
    spr931 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep. Splurge days occur on Holidays or family time or the occasional work event. I have some kind of treat several times a week whether its alcohol or some chocolate or an Oreo cookie. Its budgeted in the calories on the regular days and on those rare holiday/family things yeah, it will be more but they dont happen very often as it requires a days drive to get to the closest family