Effects of Water on Bodyweight

Options
So I have multiple internal hemorrhoids surrounding a fissure that have been causing me extreme pain for over 5 months. My doctor has given me some medication to help with the recovery but has recommended I increase my water intake (and fibre intake).

So for a while, I’ve been drinking 40oz if water mixed with my Gfuel. Now I’ve added 64oz if plain water to my diet because my bowel movements have been getting hard again which is what triggers the pain. I just want to prepare myself for the scale, I assume the increase in water intake will increase my water weight. Can this be expected?

Replies

• mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Maybe initially, but your body will acclimate and be able to process the water. Fluids in, fluids out. And any toxins and dissolved soft fats. Unless you are drinking salty water or otherwise having a lot of sodium in your diet, I wouldn't think it would make a difference in the long run.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Water shouldn’t make your weight spike. I’m a petite female and I drink around 100 oz a day, sometimes more.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    Options
    Healing them may make your weight go down slightly. The body tends to retain and “send” water to areas that are sore or injured.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Drinking water doesn't really contribute to "water weight"...if anything being properly hydrated by drinking more water flushes out water that is being held.

Water weight and associated fluctuations are typically your body holding and releasing water for a variety of reasons.
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Okay! So nothing to worry about then!