At my pace

Options
I just looked back at my “Happy Scale” history and have lost 20lbs in about 14 months. I still have 20 to go, but this is a life journey and I am proud of the progress.

Two years of dissertation stress wrecked havoc on me. Putting the pieces back again now that I am PhDone! Just thought I would share 😊

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Good for you, both with the PhD and the 20lbs!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a big accomplishment! I remember my Ph.D. years and writing the dissertation. Being done felt wonderful! Enjoy the afterglow!
  • ItsAStrangeLoop
    ItsAStrangeLoop Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kudos! And even more so for being done with your PhD. I'm halfway there and lemme tell ya, the havoc is real.
    Congratulations Dr. :)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race, has always been my motto. Although you have taken it to another level :mrgreen: but great progress! :+1:
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations. I am hoping for a similar gradual loss, as I think it is more maintanable and realistic. Good luck with your next 20.
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both! That is super exciting. May the next 20 be a big success.
  • Hilltopper1997
    Hilltopper1997 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I hope the next 20 goes a little more quickly, but also know I want it to be sustainable. Thank you for the encouragement!
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on 20 pounds! And on your PhD!
    As I travel this road I want the weight to be gone yesterday- but in my heart I know that it will take as long as it takes. As you say it is a life journey and the changes need to be sustainable. You have done an awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!