8years journey, 3years maintaining

Options
Getawayfromthecake
Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
edited September 2020 in Success Stories
Hi guys I started my journey at 21 and 233lbs. Id never been slim even as a kid I was in adult sizes. I now sit at 154lbs, for a while I was 147lbs but I'm really struggling to get back to that however I've been stuck at 154lb for a year now so looks like that is my living weight! This hasn't been straight forward I originally lost 60lb and regained almost all the weight after having my daughter 4years ago but luckily I was determined and not only lost it but more. I've been very lucky in terms of skin but my inner thigh does have a slight hang which can't be seen until I lift my leg. I still struggle with the inner fat girl and everyday is a conscious effort not to slip back. I just wanted to post this as I need to remind myself sometimes that even if I can't get back to 147lbs, I'm still 79lbs down and so much healthier and happier. The best advice I can give is don't expect yourself to live by the same standards year in year out, month in month out. Life is unpredictable. Just be ready to get back on it when you're ready. But mostly be happy, skinny is nice but at 147lb I am anemic as hell. So is it worth it? I'm not so sure

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss and on having managed to maintain.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It sounds as though 154lbs is right for you, so well done for establishing that and maintaining it for so long! Anaemic is definitely not good!

I am 5'11" and it sounds as though (for me these days) my 154lbs is your 147lbs. It is what our doctor suggested that my husband and I should be aiming for (and in fact it is a bit more than I weighed in my 20s), but when I hit that weight 154lbs it did not feel sustainable and wasn't. My happy weight is around 75kg (165lbs) which I maintained from March 2015 - April 2017 before gaining back up to nearly 200lb. That's the weight I am aiming for now and intending to maintain going forward (+/- 2kgs). Around than 10lbs to go now to get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!