Losing weight after miscarriage

Options
Hello all! I am currently on a weight loss journey after losing a baby last year. I had a very difficult time adjusting to not being pregnant and had not lost the baby weight from a previous pregnancy that resulted in my adorable baby girl! I had anorexia as a teen, so I have a particularly hard time finding a balance between extremes— all or nothing! Losing weight is an emotional experience for me, but the other day someone asked me if I was pregnant— and I cried afterwards— anytime someone asks me that, which is kind of often because this extra 15-20 pounds looks like a lot on my small frame, I relive the pain of my miscarriage!! I want to lose weight to feel confident, be healthy, and move on from the emotional and physical trauma of last year! Would love to hear from other s who have gone through similar experiences.

Replies

• drcottontail
    drcottontail Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! While I haven’t experienced such a loss, I wanted to say what a tremendous inspiration you are to share your story. My sincerities are with you and your family as well, and I wish you all the strength and determination as you enter into this new lifestyle. With health as the goal, I’m sure you will make it possible.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I also struggled with an eating disorder in my late teens early 20's, and it lead to health issues. So, I understand the struggle trying to balance weight loss, and not following back into bad habits. I have suffered the loss of a baby, but my situation was different I lost a twin, and was delivered of a healthy baby girl.

I believe that's it's extremely rude to ask if someone is pregnant. So, my advice be equally rude right back. Tell them that they are rude, and that it's rude to ask.

If you can don't be afraid to reach out for professional help.

Lots of good luck.
  • cryispretty
    cryispretty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too am so sorry for your loss. It is unimaginable pain and the recovery takes years if not a lifetime. I apologize someone asked you if you were pregnant. That happened to me recently too and it’s not only rude but hurtful in most situations. I too have a small frame and the extra weight I have does not sit very flattering. I would love to be your friend if you would friend me.
    Female 40
    Current 132
    Goal 115