Starting again

Options
Dublinmum
Dublinmum Posts: 19 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Here we go again. In January 2012 I joined MFP. I'm 170cm and weighed 105kg. My target was 78kg. MFP recommended a daily calorie limit of 1,400. I stuck to the plan and reintroduced exercise as part of my daily routine. The weight started coming off and by April I was down to 92kg. And that's where it stopped. I hit a plateau and could not get below that weight. MFP recommended reducing my calorie intake further but I knew that wouldn't be sustainable. So gradually I lost motivation and started to get sloppy in tracking my food. My sleep was disturbed and I was working long hours which left me craving sugar for energy. On top of that I injured my foot and was largely immobile for a month.

So, fast forward to August 2013 and I weighed 106kg. Totally disgusted that I have wasted all my effort last year. So here we go again. MFP recommended a daily limit of 1,200 calories.There is no way on earth I could keep to that. This time I decided to take a different approach. I calculated my TDEE at 2,400 per day. I have allowed for a 500 calorie per day deficit and set my daily limit at 1,900 calories. As exercise is built into the TDEE I'm not planning to eat back calories unless I do some very heavy work. 11 days in and I have lost 2kg. I'm not feeling hungry at all.

Am I doing it right this time? I really want to shift this weight for good and keep it off. I love food. I'll never be a waif. But I want to be healthy and I know I won't keep it up if I'm constantly obsessing about what I can and can't eat. Is 1900 too much?
This discussion has been closed.