New here

Options
Hello! I’m back on mfp after a long break, and new to this group. I thought I posted earlier today, but I don’t think it worked! Anyway, finally getting my act together and taking control of my health.

CW: 216
Short term goal: 189. Would love to get there by the end of 2020.
6 mo goal: no longer obese...174 by March 2021
1 year goal: no longer overweight: 144 by sept 2021
Long term, totally ecstatic goal: 129 by 2022, month unknown. It feels crazy writing that down, I haven’t weighed this in 17 years.

I want to do this for my kids, to have energy for them. To run and swim and kayak and live life with them. I want to model a healthy relationship to food and exercise. I want to forgive myself for slip ups, not become obsessive, and just keep going toward my goals.

I weigh just about the most I ever have right now. Quarantine and baking and not moving and lacking motivation have been awful for me. I am so excited to get back to myself.

Plan: high protein, no white flour, no added sugar. Move my body for 30 min every day, minimum. I may eventually incorporate some fasting, but not right away.

Today, I stuck with my plan. I ate well, I swam for an hour with my daughter, and I’m looking so forward to another successful day tomorrow.

Replies

• AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

Well done for having such a good start in your weight loss journey. - This is not my first rodeo either, so I know it's hard to start again.

You seem to have a good idea what you want. What's your plan on how to avoid becoming obsessed? For me one of the main things is forcing myself to only weigh myself once a week.

Missing motivation can be so annoying. One can force oneself to do the right thing despite it, but it's hard, isn't it?

Love your plan for cleaner eating and more movement.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I’m back after a very long break as well. I love that you have a plan and goals set already. That’s so important. This is definitely a journey and having a plan and being brave enough to put it down on this forum is awesome