Motivation please!

Options
I need some motivation to get a kick start! I sometimes don’t have that much motivation! Please let me know if you could be my partner for this!❤️

Replies

• sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Motivation is very fleeing. Dedication goes a long way. I'm not motivated all of the time but good habits develop with time and dedication.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hey.

Try to remind yourself of why you are doing this and what your goals are.

Another thing that helps me is gamifying things. Like, if I go to the gym, I pick another person I secretly "compete" against, and see if I can stick around longer than them, or if I walk I try to see if I can get to my goal place faster than the day before; little things like that.ll

And, as already said above, forming habits beats motivation a lit of the time. Humans kind of just continue with daily routines, so, if you manage to stick long enough with a healthy one (and that MAY be hard at times), than at some point it just becomes something you do.

--‐
    Also, if you just need somebody to cheer for you feel free to add me as friend.
  • ToBeAStrongerMan
    ToBeAStrongerMan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    added!!
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just heard something so profound about motivation and it really hit home for me. They say motivation is the feeling you get AFTER you complete the task it’s the good feeling you get after exercising or after eating healthier. So if you don’t have the motivation to exercise perhaps just walk to the corner and the corner will turn into a longer walk as you start to feel better about what you are doing.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Take a "before" picture of yourself in your underwear or bathing suit... that will motivate you.
  • reginabfly
    reginabfly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the lack of motivation. I have a good amount of chronic conditions that shut me down. I agree with Sal, that it is more about dedication than motivation. I schedule my workout on my calendar 5 days a week and I make sure to get 10,000 steps every single day in rain, snow, cold, heat, etc. I make sure to workout between 8-9am because I know if I try to do it later, my conditions will shut it down. Find out what time is the best for you to exercise and make it happen. Maybe it is getting up 30 minutes earlier or maybe you like to do it at night or on a lunch break? For the food aspect of it, log your daily calories in this app every day if you are struggling right now. Go food shopping once week and plan your meals and snacks for that week and only buy that stuff. Don't bring the crappy food in your house and cook your own meals. I buy a big package of chicken and batch cook it. I use it for lunches and snacks and portion it into little baggies that I freeze. I always have freshly cut up vegetables in my fridge to munch on while I am cooking if I want to munch on something. I have lots of bags of steamable veggies and I always have fresh cup up fruit in the fridge and apples/bananas. It is all about being prepared and dedicated, more so than motivated I think.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Maybe join a group? I joined "We are the warriors". There's a step challenge, weigh ins, fitness thread, chat, and more. Team leaders help motivate you.
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would just start with your "why" Why do you want to embark on your fitness journey? because its work and it wont always be fun or instantly rewarding. Maybe journal and find that Why that you can always go back to when you sense your motivation flagging. Feel free to add me. I have been steadily but veeeerrrrryyyy slowly losing since I re-started with a vengeance in December 2019