Calories counting querie

Hi I'm new to this. I'm meant to be on 1330 cals a day, so it says. Im 5ft.6½inches tall and weight 55k but would like to be 53k. Hard because I'm technically just underweight but feel more comfortable lighter. I've been on 1100cals only a day for ages and stayed the same weight. But I have about 800cals of fruit and vegetables a day too. My question is, do you count vegetables and fruit within your calorie allowance?.
Given the 1100cals in "proper" food a day only, I feel I should be a lot lighter. My body feels stuck and im worried if I go to 1330cals I'll get heavier?!

Amy advice please?
Lucy

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Calories are calories, doesn't matter if they come from a piece of cake or an avocado for energy itself. I would try to stick to as close to mfp goals as you can. Log everything in the food diary.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 865 Member
    If you are eating 1100 calories + 800 calories of fruit/veg...then you're eating 1900 calories a day. And if you're eating that much per day (and you're fairly certain - i.e. you're measuring/weighing what you're logging) then you're maintenance calories is 1900 --- so if you wanted to lose weight, subtract like...150-200 cals from that per day (or burn 150-200 cals via exercise per day) and you should slowly lose a bit of weight.

You'd still be on the low end of a 'healthy' weight ... whatever that means. As someone else suggested...you might try adding a weight lifting routine - having a higher muscle mass will make you look better/more 'fit' as well as increase your resting calorie burn. And when I say lift -- lift heavy...you will not get bulky. So maybe instead of using weight loss or weight as a 'goal' use lifting as a goal and see where that takes you.