how should i log this walk?

Today i went for a 20 mile walk around mountain areas, and i'm not sure how to log it- as hiking gives you a lot of calories but i'm not sure if i burnt that much! though by the end of it my legs,hips, arms and back hated me! (i know, i need a HR monitor.. any cheap ones you recommend?)

Anyway, so far i've logged the walk there as a normal walk at a moderate pace, as we (my boyfriend and i) went along the main road and have a habit of walking pretty fast.

We then went from the main road up a mountain path to a lake, walked around the lake, with a little wonder off on another path up some rocks for a bit and back down, then finishing where we started by the road. I logged this a a cross country hike.

we then went along an old road (only used by farmers/bikes/people who live in the valley/on the mountain side now) which went along the side of the mountain range, which then turns into this bike trace (so this road's pretty hilly). I've totalled it up by using a mixture of hiking/walking.
I was wondering what you guys think i should log this stuff as? I don't want to cheat myself either way.. i want it as accurate as i can get it without a HRM
Thanks so much!!