Dillydallying before working out

2»

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »
    Check out Mel Robbins 5 second rule on YouTube.

Hokey but it works for some.

I was going to say exactly this lol! 5 second rule lol
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 326 Member
    I totally relate. For me, I am a slow riser- not a morning person at all. If possible can you try (even if just a couple of times) to rearrange your day to workout later in the day. Perfect for me is right before dinner. May save you a lot of time in the morning.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I don't really consider what I do dillydallying. My morning coffee on the patio while I scroll through the news on my phone is part of my morning routine and mental health....sometimes even a quick dip in the hot tub while watching the sunrise. Then it is time to catch up with my wife and kids over breakfast and then I go through work emails. I typically plan to get on my bike for a ride mid morning once the kids are going on their school work and I've put in a couple hours of work as well.

IDK...I feel zero need to get up and exercise immediately.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I totally relate. For me, I am a slow riser- not a morning person at all. If possible can you try (even if just a couple of times) to rearrange your day to workout later in the day. Perfect for me is right before dinner. May save you a lot of time in the morning.

My workout time is right after dinner as I need the food to fuel my weights. If it’s only a cardio day, I might work out before dinner though.