How are you going to treat yo'self?

Options
How are you going to treat yo'self once you get to your goal weight or your mini goals?

I have two mini goals on the way to my goal weight (135). I'm 155 now.

At 150 lbs I'm going to buy myself a new pair of workout leggings from lululemon. Last year for Christmas / birthday I got a $50 gift card that I've been holding onto.

At 145 lbs, which I hope to reach by February, I'm going to buy myself a new outfit to wear to Scots Fest, which is my "petty" reason for losing weight. I'm going to buy a new top, New jeans, and a pair of boots!

Do you plan to purchase anything specific that's new or have a nice meal, or go somewhere cool?

Replies

• annecantfindausername
    Options
    I've been buying clothes on the thrift app 'depop' periodically as a little reward when I've had a good few weeks, or when I've clearly dropped a couple sizes and things stop fitting. One of my petty goals has become 'look good in a crop top', though im definitely too old for that look :''-D
  • katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    By the time I go from 210lb to 164lb I won’t have any clothes that fit. I will be treating myself to a whole new wardrobe, new undies, hopefully pretty bras rather than industrial boulder holders. So looking forward to bagging up every item of clothing I own and donating it.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    When I went from obese to overweight, I bought myself a high end fitness tracker to replace an older basic one.

For my 'final' goal of reaching a normal BMI: I don't have anything in mind yet. When I teach that goal, I might still want to lose more to look better. But somewhere down the line I will need to buy new clothes and I'd love to invest in 'proper' clothes instead of the cheap transitional wardrobe selection I have now.
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I've been buying clothes on the thrift app 'depop' periodically as a little reward when I've had a good few weeks, or when I've clearly dropped a couple sizes and things stop fitting. One of my petty goals has become 'look good in a crop top', though im definitely too old for that look :''-D

Girl I think you should rock that crop top. I don't believe in age limits when it comes to fashion. I dress the same as I did when I was 28.

If my stomach was bangin' I'd be wearing a crop top!
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When I lose the first 10 lbs, I'm going to buy myself a new pair of jeans.
    Then, 10lbs after that (so 20 total lbs), I have a whole beautiful wardrobe packed away in a bag that will fit me perfectly again. That'll be such a treat. I will probably replace a large portion of my active wear at that point since the stuff I'm wearing now has gone through two years of use and a large weight fluctuation. Spandex and lycra can only handle so much lol.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Well, for fifty pounds lost my boyfriend is buying me a Dooney & Burke purse. (grin) Seventy five pounds is a pair of ruby and diamond earrings. And goal is between eighty and a hundred pounds away (I'll decide when I get there) and I'm thinking that would be a ruby and diamond tennis bracelet. (I want rubies and diamonds to match my engagement ring, which will be a ruby with side diamonds.)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,481 Member
    Options
    By the time I go from 210lb to 164lb I won’t have any clothes that fit. I will be treating myself to a whole new wardrobe, new undies, hopefully pretty bras rather than industrial boulder holders. So looking forward to bagging up every item of clothing I own and donating it.

Just be mindful. Every time I reached a goal and thought “I can’t possibly get any smaller”, I did. Then did again. Then again. I’ve gone from a 22W or 24W to a 2 or XS in most brands, and even some of those bag on me now. I already see I’ve got to pull out last winter’s clothes and dump some. Soooooooooo much wasted money.

I know it’s crazy tempting but before you go hog wild, just do a small inexpensive basic wardrobe and stay static for a while. You may be surprised that either the weight continues to fall off, or your body rearranges itself. Yesterday, I pulled out a nice mid- sleeved blouse I bought a year ago, only to discover it no longer buttons around my biceps. And that’s with a 20 pound weight loss since I bought it!