She deadlifts... do you?

Replies

• IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    are those a bunch of 10lb bumpers?

yeah, but still, pretty good for a girl.
    Meh, from my calculations it's only 205.

haaaaaateeeeeeeer!!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    I don't even know what a deadlift is. Seriously. I think it's similar to a sqat only you lift a barbell as you come up??

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

she racked them up in the clean eating threads I believe.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I don't even know what a deadlift is. Seriously. I think it's similar to a sqat only you lift a barbell as you come up??

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

Well, I've certainly heard of it. And asked a couple of times but just get YouTube links, which are blocked at work and that's the only time I get on MFP. I don't own a barbell or gym membership.

I am serious. I know it works the booty, legs and abs, but not exactly sure how it differs from a squat.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    205 with only 10 lbs bumper plates?

Y.

seriously- why- I know it looks impressive and all- but I think doing a little plate math might be in order.

And yes- yes I do. pushing 300 lbs... hoping I break the 300 mark this season!

+1
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Win.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

Well, I've certainly heard of it. And asked a couple of times but just get YouTube links, which are blocked at work and that's the only time I get on MFP. I don't own a barbell or gym membership.

I am serious. I know it works the booty, legs and abs, but not exactly sure how it differs from a squat.

a deadlift is just a double-leg-behind-bar jefferson squat.
  • bcattoes

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

she racked them up in the clean eating threads I believe.

I do love the clean eating threads. Good stuff there.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

Deadlift is the most natural lift known to man. It is simply the act of bending over to lift something heavy up off the ground. It is the single most functional lift there is and will benefit you more than any other lift for this reason.

It is the lift that most prepares you for life.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

a squat... weight's on your shoulders- or above you... and you drop down... stand back up.

A dead lift- it starts on the ground (typically- there are some that the rep starts at the top- but you are still just holding it thigh high roughly)... and you just lift it up off the ground then set it back down.

easy peasy.

over 200 is still a decent weight- regardless if she sucks at math. But who cares- women who lift are hot- women how can seriously dead lift- hawt.

Deadlift is the most natural lift known to man. It is simply the act of bending over to lift something heavy up off the ground. It is the single most functional lift there is and will benefit you more than any other lift for this reason.

essentially truth right here.

How people can go through their life without knowing how to dead lift is beyond me- you're mamma should have taught you this as a child- lift with your knees not with your back!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

if only the OP had included a link describing deadlifts and why they are beneficial so that those who don't know what they are could quickly and easily learn...

...wait.

what?

Maybe her google machine is broken.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

Sounds like it should only be done by men.
  • bcattoes

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

Thanks! Off to Google jefferson squat
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

Sure. Google jefferson squats... but not deadlifts... :huh:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    who was looking at the bar? dayum.

I wasn't even looking at the bar.

nohomo.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

13K+ posts?

I call bovine feces.

Sure. Google jefferson squats... but not deadlifts... :huh:

Yeah..how does that work?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Yes, yes I DO!
  • bwright9752
    bwright9752 Posts: 125 Member
    Wait, what? There was a bar in the picture? Now I gotta go back to the top to see the bar? What kinda bar was it, a ballet bar, drinking bar, juice bar, crow bar? Shirley not an olympic bar.

It was an olympic bar and stop calling me Shirley.

Huh, who said that?
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    are those a bunch of 10lb bumpers?

yeah, but still, pretty good for a girl.
    Meh, from my calculations it's only 205.

You're a dude, what do you know about math?

math and logic are supposed to our strongsuits...get your stereotypes right.

Are you sure? Most seem to confuse 8" with 5".
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    To answer the original question: No I do not deadlift. I'm just getting into lifting so hopfully I will be shortly. :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    ww.jpg