Need support

Options
I cant seem to get back on track.. in Aug of 2011 I lost 40lbs I felt great..didnt feel it was hard work everything came naturally to me even exercise which I had never done. Now 2 yrs later I am about 15 lbs shy of being the same weight as I was before..have joined the gym on 3 different occasions and have only gone for a few days and then stop when before I could not get enough. I dont know what to do, I really really want to get back to doing what I was doing it was really good for me and my family. I would get up at 5:30 am go to the gym for 1 hr come back home walk 1 mile, make coffee for my hubby have a nice talk out in the patio before he went to work, get my kids ready for school, have breakfast, lunch, errands, time to make dinner then go do zumba and walk another mile. Now I do absolutely nothing. I try to go slow, I try to do everything again...something is missing and I do not know what, but I do know I need support

Replies

• pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    try and keep active on here as well as active in your personal life. i have found making friends on this site and their encouragement, ideas, recipes and support has made such a difference!

add me if you wish!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think that is one of the things that are missing..having friends in the same boat...even if the only thing in common is the weight loss it keeps me focused,, thanks I will add you :)
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...always looking for new friends that are in the same boat
  • bennzz61
    bennzz61 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hear you, it's so difficult to start/keep new habits and so easy to pick-up/keep bad habits. Yes, try logging in here daily and it might help to see your progress and chat with others. Once a week I try to think of my vacuming, dusting, (more like once every two weeks) as exercise. Maybe try to sneak in a little exercise?

Try getting up at 5:30 again and hitting the gym. If 5:30 is too early try 6:00 and only go for 30 mins. Work up to that hour at 5:30. Take those walks again. I figure anything is better than nothing, right?

Feel free to friend me too. I can always use some encouragement.
  • griffith5150
    Options
    I hear you and I understand what you are going through. add me if you like! :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Losing weight basically comes down to calories in vs calories out. How much are you eating?
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I log in everyday, and I'm trying to lose about 40lbs.
  • trainerbarb
    Options
    Have you talked to a doctor about depression? You sound as if you might be mildly depressed.
  • rzupon
    rzupon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same boat as everyone else. I know exactly what to do but I have every excuse not to get back on track. I have been succesful in the past but with age and hormones weight comes off so much slower. I just keep logging in and looking for motivation. I am just trying one habit at a time. I do great until lunch and then the whole day falls apart. Just keep at it!
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    its more of frustration..not depression...It makes me upset that I cant get back on track..but I am trying so it a step in the right direction
  • lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 6 months after my broken leg and elbow healed before I started working out/dieting again. Prior to that I had lost 25 pounds... During my "time off" I gained 40 back... I was miserable and totally understand where you are coming from!

I started slow, started using the MFP again to track my food, then I started slowly working out at lunch (my office has a gym), now I’m working out every day during the week and walking on the weekends. I've lost 31 pounds since June 25. I find logging my food and having accountability/encouragement partners is what helps me stay focused and motivated!

Feel free to add me! I log every day and am always here for support!! :) Keep your chin up Hun and take it one day at a time!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    1 you need a good support group that will ask WHATR DID YOU DO TODAY!! I've seen others say they need something. Maybe I can start something if you think it will help.
    2 Pick one thing like the 1 mile walk and do it every day.