Protein powder

2»

Replies

• FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Protein powder. Better buy a tube of Preparation H to go with it.

HUH?
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    When do you eat again?
    If you plan to wait longer than 3 hours to eat again, I would go with a casein protein over whey because it digests slower. If you are eating every 2.5-3 hours or planning to drink right after working out, I'd go with a whey protein.

Ideal Whey protein:
    Look for Isolate over concentrate as the first ingredient, avoid maltodextrin and do not buy if it has an "amino blend". Protein companies will add cheap aminos like taurine, glycine and creatine in order to up the amount of protein they can say on the label per serving. Lots of companies do this, even ones that sell the "high end" tubs.

In all reality though I would just go with what tastes good and is cheapest. When I need just protein, I use the 30gr whey concentrate from the grocery store and if I need more of a meal replacement I use muscle milk because it has a whey/casein blend, (low) complex carbs and MCT's.

Get shaker bottles as they are your best friend.. and learn to drink without adding fruit and stuff (although good sometimes) because if you have to rely on having all the ingrediets and a blender ready, there's a chance you will give up on it because it gets tedious to do every time. My 2 cents anyway :)
  • lulu168
    lulu168 Posts: 3 Member
    That reminds me of the protein powder on my fridge top that I have been denying myself because of the excuse of having to clean the blender!
    It was from complete nutrition called SMART, and vanilla flavored. I just need to not add peanut butter, and use a banana and some form of soy milk too. It should be good, Thanks for the inspiration!
  • lulu168
    lulu168 Posts: 3 Member
    :smile:
    Jay Robb vanilla whey protein powder is my favorite!
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    ON whey gold standard for quality

I also use dymatize/4-dimension. Can get 10lbs for 79 ish. Not bad
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. I order from Amazon because I have Prime.
  • andres4317
    andres4317 Posts: 26 Member
    Since I hitting my goal weight and 8 weeks into a running and strength training regimen, I've been using Muscle Milk after workouts. I run three days a week in the mornings and serves as my breakfast. You can get it at Costco in either pre-mixed portions or bulk bag. Other days, I have a Nature Valley Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Protein Bar, also purchased at Costco.

Good luck!
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    My favorite is: Prime Protein - It's delicious and that's because I only add water and ice! :drinker:
    From the website: Prime Protein is a 100% natural plant based superfood that delivers the essential amino acids, omegas & proteins your body deserves on a daily basis. 15g protein per serving (1 scoop), Non GMO, Nothing Artificial, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free

http://www.primemybody.com/products/prime-plant-based-protein-superfood

I'm currently doing their 20 day challenge

mari0605
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Another Optimum Nutrition fan here. My two faves are Extreme Milk Chocolate and Mocha Cappuccino.
This discussion has been closed.