How much sodium do you allow yourselfxwater do you drink?

Options
Hey, I've been trying to keep my diet low sodium because I know it isn't the best for you so I've been allowing my self 1500, but if I have to I go up to 2000 but I've been pretty good keeping it 1500 and under. How much do you guys consume daily?

Also, I've only been drinking two cups of water a day for awhile and I know I have to bump it up but how many cups a day do you guys drink and do you add any flavoring to it? I love Great value liquid water enhancer <3

Replies

• Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My daily sodium intake: between 2000 mg and 5000 mg. I do not track it because I do not need to worry about it. Blood pressure still under 100 / 60.

My daily water intake: average 96 oz.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed foods so I really don't worry about sodium other than making sure to use plenty of sea salt. I don't track sodium. I'm always under what MFP thinks I need.

Sodium is important for our bodies. It is usually all the excess added to processed foods that causes a problem for people.

I drink close to a gallon of water every day. I don't make it a goal other than to drink plenty of water. I also drink a couple large mugs of coffee & sometimes tea, too.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been trying to keep my diet low sodium because I know it isn't the best for you so I've been allowing my self 1500, but if I have to I go up to 2000 but I've been pretty good keeping it 1500 and under. How much do you guys consume daily?

Also, I've only been drinking two cups of water a day for awhile and I know I have to bump it up but how many cups a day do you guys drink and do you add any flavoring to it? I love Great value liquid water enhancer <3

i can count on 1 hand the number of days i went over 2000mg for sodium in the last 30 days. rarely do i eat processed foods and i drink at least 7 16oz bottles of water each day (i just refill the same water bottle all day long)

too much sodium and my feet swell so much i get indents from my shoes.