What a pain in the...

Options
Over the last month or so, I've started to really notice a pain in my butt, especially if I sit on a hard floor. The lack of natural padding is really starting to bite. Google tells me that this isn't unusual after weight loss (I've shed two stone) but it's not big on solutions...

Is the answer a special cushion and hope for the best? If a cushion, could someone in the UK recommend one?

(Does this get better eventually?)

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,484 Member
    Options
    Not really, for me anyway, not, I guess for most. The more weight you lose, the more your “sits” bones are gonna feel it.

You could get one of those little folding stadium seats, or try getting a yoga knee pad to sit on (or even cut up an old yoga mat). They’re both light and portable.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Same here. :/ Another thing I've noticed is I cannot get warm enough when there's a chill in the air. No padding, no insulation.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really "go away," but I got more used to it.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Cushions or pillows. I don't have any specific suggestions but I use one of those Purple (US brand, I think) at work and it's nice.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Perhaps growing some extra 'butt muscles' could compensate for the loss of padding? Get squatting :grin: