digestive issues

Options
Hi,
I am having some digestive issues. Its very difficult for me to go to the bathroom. I am not able to lose weight eating the calories I was eating before doing the same activity I have been doing. Anyone have anything like this? If so what helpped?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fiber? Are you getting enough fat?

How many calories are you eating per day and how long has it been since you've lost weight?
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Don't have a ton of experience here, but my n=1 limited experience was taking calcium supplements made me constipated. Stopped taking them and everything went back to normal.

Have you changed anything with your diet recently? added a bunch of fiber quickly or new supplements?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    We can't diagnose anything but have you tried incorporating some probiotic type of foods into your meal plans.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fiber? Are you getting enough fat?

How many calories are you eating per day and how long has it been since you've lost weight?

I'm eating 1660 a day...i started a probiotic called just theive...i had some bad symptoms in the beginning but theyre evening out a bit now...
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    It is a common issue with dieting. Fiber supplements and fluids usually fix the problem. Take the fiber after dinner then drink a big glass of water when you wake up. (Continued problems require medical advice.)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Fiber, fluids, fat and movement.

Are you getting enough fiber? There are 2 kinds, both are good but for regularity, look for insoluble. If you don't get a lot of fiber up it gradually.

Fluids - make sure you are staying hydrated. If your urine is dark yellow, up your fluid intake.

Dietary fat. Sometimes people start a diet and drastically reduce fat intake. Fat keeps things moving.

Movement. When I take a trip (sitting for long periods) - I have issues. If you aren't getting any regular exercise....take a walk.