Plateau

Options
mel941980
mel941980 Posts: 49 Member
edited September 2020 in Challenges
Hello, I've been on the site for a couple of years, but this is my first post. I decided to take the leap to healthier living in January of this year. I had a big health scare and it put a lot of things into perspective. I've lost 52lbs since January. Things were going well, but then I turned 40 over Labor Day and used it as an excuse to enjoy myself. I gained 9lbs in 7 days. I know it wasn't all fat, but it still was a punch to the gut. (No pun intended.) I stay under 1600 calories daily, I power walk for 35 minutes 5 days a week, follow intermittent fasting (I eat between noon and 8:00), and drink a gallon of water daily. I'm a vegetarian, almost a vegan, and I'm careful about getting protein in. I store some calories weekly, so I can have a good meal on Saturdays. I was doing full on cheat days every 14 days, but cut that out a couple months ago. I was able to take off 7 of the 9lbs, but it's been painfully slow to take off. I log everything - the good and bad. I wanted to see if anyone has any tips? I'm just feeling discouraged.

Replies

• SKATEY2020
    SKATEY2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Relax! Breathe. It’s good progress I think. ... Don’t stress - it can cause unhelpful hormones!! Yoga :)