Here to lose the last 5-10 (or maybe just maintain)

Options
Hello! I've joined MyFitnessPal after being on a weight loss journey for about 10 years. I have had a couple of wake up calls, but the one that really got me was shopping for new capris one summer. It was then that I discovered that not only had I gained more weight, but that I was a pants size 22. Through a lot of baby steps and trial and error, I have gone from a pants size 22 to a pants size 8-10.

I am now between 139 and 140 lbs. To be honest, I never weighed myself regularly until about two years ago so I don't know what my starting weight was. However, before I found out I gained to a size 22, I remember going to the doctor's about a year before, and the scale said something like 270. That was like 10 years ago, so I could be off a bit.

So, I joined MyFitnessPal because I've been a long time lurker on these boards, and I love the community on here, and I'm always looking for advice from people who have way more experience. Though I've been on a weight loss journey for about 10 years, I still consider myself a newbie because I really started to really research fitness two years ago, and still have A LOT to learn.

I'm also still going back and forth between losing those last 5-10 pounds, and just maintaining. On one hand, I really like how I look and have never felt this great about my appearance. On the other hand, I've heard that the key to success is staying within a 5-10 pound range of your ideal weight. At this point, the 5-10 pounds really are for vanity, though I also want to see if it will even be easy to maintain.

Thanks, and can't wait to get to know you all!