Any other folks with mental illness want to be friends?

Options
13»

Replies

• nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have bipolar disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, ADHD and a sleep disorder. A better diet and physical activity combine nicely with my medication cocktail to regulate my mood! Anyone is welcome to add me. :-)
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    First diagnosed with depression at 12, general anxiety/panic attacks at 16, social anxiety at 18. Now married to a spouse with SAD and suspected PTSD, and a toddler with a sleep disorder chronic separation anxiety and is on the spectrum, we're a veritable hot pot o'crazy over here :P

Feel free to add me anyone, I am finding exercise is really helping with all aspects of my mental health, and figure losing some of the weight all the meds have helped me put on will only help too.
  • badboy567
    badboy567 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am Bi Polar.Mostly down but when Im manic its extreme.
  • Kelven23
    Kelven23 Posts: 51
    Options
    A lot of beautiful brave people in this community, I find peoples openness inspiring.
  • missey42
    missey42 Posts: 11
    Options
    Depression and generalized anxiety here. Been dealing with it since I was about 18. I feel 100x better when eating healthy and exercising but the depression often defeats my good intentions. Anyone can add me, and would love friends with similar issues. I feel very embarrassed about my diagnosis and really find it very difficult to talk about with my friends and family.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me but fill in the message box so I know you are not some perv trying to look at my pics and FL!
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Been in therapy a few times in my life.. was diagnosed as dysthymic at 15... I struggle with depression off and on for sure. I also have PMDD which is severe PMS. It's not just a little bad.. its breaking up with my boyfriend repeatedly... depression so bad I can't stand it, anger and hostility, irritability and then suddenly gone as soon as I start my period.

I had a baby six months ago, doing a lot better now than when I first had her, but did experience some PPD (without any thoughts of harming myself or her, thankfully).

Exercise helps tremendously, I'm not sure about diet. I do think eating crappy makes me feel crappy and it cycles.
  • Sugartoes44
    Options
    Struggling with PPD and PPA right now! request sent!
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm diagnosed with Bipolar II. Along with mild OCD. (In high school I was diagnosed with Depression / GAD but in my twenties my psychologist said it was likely a misdiagnosis and early signs of my bipolar disorder.) Everyone can feel free to add me.

I just came out of a downswing when I started exercising again. In the past it helped a lot. And since I've started again I have felt a lot better.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No mental illness for me. Just wanted to wish everyone in this thread the best of luck especially OP (since you're a fellow Texan and all).
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Depression, anxiety, self harm, mild psychotic episodes and suicidal tendencies.

I log in every day, let's do this!