Rapid weight loss then scales wont budge

I was wanting some advice I've been tracking my calories trying to have 1200 calories with one cheat day where I usually eat around 2000. I lost 5kg withing the first week I started my diet but now I just dont seem to be shedding any weight. I can see a difference in my clothing that is a bit looser now but I still feel discouraged please help thanks!

Replies

• ReemalSataiya
    ReemalSataiya Posts: 2 Member
    thanks for your comments, I have been dieting for over 5 weeks, my goal is 50kg and yes I have cut out a lot of junk foods I was eating before. I assumed that it was water weight, was just wanting assurance that I'm not doing anything wrong and if others have had the same experience. Thanks for all your comments that helps
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Agree with all of the above. I looked at your diary and it looks good, the only thing I would suggest is getting more protein in. You're under your goal consistently. If you want, continue as you have been and see how your weight loss goes, but if you want to fine tune I'd eat more protein. Good luck and just be patient, this is a learning curve.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I only see a difference on the scales once a month or so. The rest of the time it hovers around the same number. If your clothing is fitting better then that should tell you you're going in the right direction and if you just keep at it the scale will reflect it eventually.

This is my experience too. I get one or two days of woo-hoo!, followed by 30ish days of ugh...c'mon scale...lol
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Instead of banking your calories for the cheat day, why not increase your daily allowance and find your zone. I've not experienced that weight loss whoosh others talk about.

I don't practice cheat meals = cheat days = cheat months. I don't need to cheat on my food because I'm not married to it. ;) In the beginning, you have to ask yourself how much of your weekly progress are you willing to give up with cheat days. It's very easy to go overboard and underestimate how much calories are really in that cheat day.

Switch it UP. Increase calories for the daily and keep going. Eat some of those foods you enjoy every single day.
    We can learn to moderate ourselves with food.