Record steps manually

Options
I have a simple pedometer. I want ti just type in my total at end of day. I can't figure out how. Help?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Type in your total where?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    If you want to get more calories to offset the walking, just enter it in the Exercise tab. You'll need time and MPH to calculate.

If you just want to keep track of your number of steps you can create a New Measurement at
    MY HOME > Check in > Track Additional Measurements

Link https://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/change

Just type in "Steps" under Add Another Measurement in the Description box and click the green Add Measurement button to save that category.

You will enter your steps using the Check-in feature on the Home page as you do them on the day. Then the site will keep track of your steps and you can view them in Reports.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    In MFP you need to enter your mileage, not steps.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Logging steps as exercise will give you additional calories to eat. That's how My Fitness Pal is designed. If you go this route, keep in mind that My Fitness Pal already includes some steps in your activity level.

Another method of including steps is to increase (or decrease) your activity level to match your steps.
    http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/rate-your-activity-level-based-on-steps-per-day/#:~:text=Determine your activity level based on the number,How to increase your steps. 2. Low Active
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you are just seeking to record the number of walking steps you can make notes in the Exercise Diary using the online version.

If you are trying to achieve more than that (calories? reports? track other exercise?) then it's best to explain what you are trying to achieve.