Cholesterol App

Options
Hi everyone,
Got told I have high cholesterol yesterday so knuckling down getting that in check.
MFP has got a cholesterol reading but doesn’t appear to be well populated.
Anyone suggested an app I can use alongside MFP?
Thanks 😊

Replies

• rjorge01
    rjorge01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    For the vast majority of the population, cholesterol that you eat has very little effect on serum cholesterol values so I wouldn't worry about tracking it. The best way to control your numbers is to get your weight in check.

I agree. I've also read that the cholesterol # gives you insight to how much saturated fat may be contained in a food. Saturated fat is more deleterious than just dietary cholesterol when it comes to heart health. Saturated fat is processed by the liver and can cause production of LDLs, the bad fat that seems to contribute to plaques forming in arteries. It's a deep dive to understand correlation and causation, and scientists don't seem to agree. I'm just a regular guy, not a scientist, and find it all very confusing. I've been trying to keep up but it's so challenging to stay current, the goal posts seem to keep moving!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Dietary cholesterol limiting was a medical mistake. They are trying to put a pretty face on it by saying that there may be some therapeutic benefit, but the harm has been done. Good cholesterol, HDL, has been lost to millions. Try to avoid spreading the mistake.