Anyone who has 90 lbs or more to lose.

Replies

• Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Welcome! mclark552 will send you a friend request!
  • Julie31171
    Julie31171 Posts: 24 Member
    Can someone add me as a friend?? I don't know how to do it! Planning to stick to <1500 calories per day and increasing daily exercise.
  • rachelleschmidt1
    rachelleschmidt1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I need help and support. I am 56 years old and I have gained 100 pounds over the last 10 years and it is time to take it off. I used to be in great shape and very active, but life, stress, and depression have taken their toll on my body and I have to do something about it. Right now I'm feeling super overwhelmed so any advice is welcome. I going to use MFP and take advantage of the fact that I will be working from home (COVID rules) for the next 10 months to a year and that I get to make my own schedule. Now I just need to formulate a plan and stick to it. Thanks for listening!
  • FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Me, but I'm on day three of calorie counting today :) I've told myself I'm going to try and change my mindset. I'm not going to be depressed about my weight. But be happy with every day that I'm trying to get healthier and be proud of that. I have children and in the middle of a pandemic that isn't kind to fat people something has to change and being miserable and defeatist hasn't helped me yet!
  • FutureFit2020
    Also feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Kitty2Katz
    Welcome! Sent everyone a friend request! 😺
  • debsahli
    debsahli Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! Just starting and have about 100 lbs to lose. I just turned 50. I'm looking for motivation and friends that share what I'm going through.
  • MissLithium
    MissLithium Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! I'm 41 with at least 100 pounds to lose. I've used the site before with an old account, but never really bothered with the community. Hoping some friends will keep me on track :)
  • Kitty2Katz
    Have sent everyone a friend request? Hope everyone is doing good. 😺
  • Kitty2Katz
    Anyone who wishes to be friends is more than welcome to either send me a friend request, or if you don't know how just let me know here and I'll send you one as soon as possible. 😺
  • FutureFit2020
    One week in and I've stuck to it all so far. Not a long time obviously, but I normally fall by the second day. I have used MFP for a few years but never utilized the forums (or added friends) it's surprising how helpful it is to feel like you're doing it with someone else and how much that keeps you on track.

My husband doesn't have to worry about his weight which is quite frustrating to be around sometimes.
  • FutureFit2020
    edited October 2020
    I also try not to discuss diets at home much as I have children and I don't want to go down that route with them! I'm sure part of my problem with food stems from my mother's preoccupation with her perfectly healthy weight (and our perfectly normal childhood weights)
  • planehabit37
    planehabit37 Posts: 4 Member
    Been trying to add friends forever. I have lost 91 lbs and have 130 to go. Add for motivation.

- George
  • Julie31171
    How do I add friends?? Feel free to add me. I need the motivation and I like to motivate others!
  • Julie31171
    debsahli wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Just starting and have about 100 lbs to lose. I just turned 50. I'm looking for motivation and friends that share what I'm going through.

I'm turning 50 next year....wanting to be in the best shape of my life....or at least on the road to getting there by March! :smile:
  • Julie31171
    I also try not to discuss diets at home much as I have children and I don't want to go down that route with them! I'm sure part of my problem with food stems from my mother's preoccupation with her perfectly healthy weight (and our perfectly normal childhood weights)

I know exactly what you mean! I have a 15 year old (very athletic, very healthy) teenage daughter...I'd like to keep it that way. :smile: My husband also doesn't need to worry about his weight so it's just me at the house with this issue...That's why I am on this board...to "listen" to others and get advice without having to talk too much at home about the process...Also, in the past, I have used MFP and lost 30 pounds in two months -- it was great and then I just let it all go...not exactly sure what stopped me but I am motivated not to let that happen this time. :smile:
  • Julie31171
    HI all. Just worked out I have got 140 pounds to lose to reach a healthy BMI, yikes!!! Guess I'm gonna be around for a while 😬 feel free to add. I'm 39, from Belfast, Northern Ireland

OH....Northern Ireland! <insert hearts here> we were actually supposed to be there TODAY for a two week vacation (Northern Ireland and Ireland) :neutral: Had to cancel our plans due to COVID. The bright side (if there is one) is that when I DO make it to Northern Ireland, I will be healthier and more able to walk everywhere in that beautiful country!!! :smile:
  • zaralovesKatz
    zaralovesKatz Posts: 19 Member
    I rejoined mfp today, wasn't around long first time. Thought I'd give it another try. I have 100 lbs to lose, and I'm a 57 yr old female. Feel free to add me, we can share and motivate one another. 😄
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Larger to losers is a great group!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,037 Member
    Julie31171 wrote: »
    How do I add friends?? Feel free to add me. I need the motivation and I like to motivate others!

To add friends ... click on the person's picture/avatar ... click again and it will take you to the person's profile where you will see an add button :)