Feeling sad makes it hard to care about working out

Options
I have had a really rough couple months. I’ve been very down on myself and emotionally not okay. I want to motivate myself to start exercising but it’s so hard. I’ve been feeling all this anxiety and stress and I know walking or exercising in some way would help but I can’t get myself to do it. I can’t get myself to take the time to eat healthy. My sleep schedule has been a disaster due to everything and that just adds to it. What can I do when I feel like this ? I don’t have friends to hold me accountable (which is part of my problem with being sad but that’s another thing in itself). How do people motivate themselves to start caring about themselves when it just seems impossible ? 😭

Replies

• thelastnightingale
    Options
    It sounds like everything is overwhelming, which is perfectly understandable. Rather than try to fix everything all at once, pick one thing. If your sleeping is out of whack, that will have a knock on impact on all aspects of your life, so I would start there.

I'm actually having sleep therapy at the moment to address my insomnia - would something like that be an option for you? Or maybe counselling to work through all the issues that are weighing you down?
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I also recommend free online yoga. It's been life changing for me. Yoga with Adrienne has practices specifically for when you are sad, depressed, and geared toward self love over achieving any specific poses. Give it a try! Also feel free to add me I'm on every day.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,472 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by walking? I’m serious, how do you go about it? Do you power walk? Set a time or distance goal? If so, maybe drop all of that and just go out for a stroll. Sound the block is good enough. Or less if that’s the best you can do. Just get moving, you’ll feel better.

Once you start you can build on just about anything.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @cj833, I hope you're doing okay...