Yoga

Options
beagletracks
beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
Hi, Chit-Chatters.

Do any of you do yoga? I ask because I'm going nuts and I'm hoping it might help.

Looking for YouTube yoga recommendations.

To make this more Chit-Chat appropriate, I will tell you that my boyfriend is currently doing yoga in the living room while I'm in my office working, which I find annoying.

He does yoga every morning, usually while I'm spending an hour watering the yard or doing other household chores, muttering under my breath things like "must be nice to have time to do yoga" (like Yosemite Sam).

Yes, I'm a terrible person. I'm hoping yoga will help.

Please share your yoga confessions here.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Don't be jealous of your boyfriend--he's doing the right thing. I heard for years that yoga had great benefits and finally tried it. I'm so sorry I didn't start sooner. Do your yoga together and then do chores together.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Don't be jealous of your boyfriend--he's doing the right thing. I heard for years that yoga had great benefits and finally tried it. I'm so sorry I didn't start sooner. Do your yoga together and then do chores together.

Yes, I’m very glad he makes time to do it. He’s been an athlete for many years and I can’t imagine how much worse some of his injuries would be if he didn’t do it. It also calms and centers him. Life in quarantine gets wacky sometimes — you get annoyed by the silliest things and then the next minute you’re overcome with gratitude to be with someone you love who picks up the dog poop in the back yard every day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,330 Member
    Options
    I am starting yoga this week...I have never done it before but I have beginners yoga dvd's that I bought off Amazon :)
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She's great and doesn't take herself too seriously, which is important. Makes it less intimidating to start and more pleasant to stick with.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. She's great and doesn't take herself too seriously, which is important. Makes it less intimidating to start and more pleasant to stick with.

Thank you!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Yes I go to yoga classes regularly and have realized much benefit from it. However I have no youtube recommendations for you, I'm sorry to say.

As far as confessions go... I like yoga class just as much for the opportunity to be one of the only men in a room full of women wearing yoga pants, as I do for the health and wellness benefits of it. I too am a terrible person, and in my case yoga has made me worse by rewarding this behavior.

:lol:
  • wbhanouska
    wbhanouska Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene is amazing!!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    CacoEther wrote: »
    [so I can do that thing with my legs that he like ].

Good Morning !!!
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I recently got into yoga. Been doing the videos on Psyche Truth page on YouTube. It's only about 25 min so def a good time saver!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Try a little hair of the downward dog that bit you or is it 'If you fall I'll be there - Yoga Mat'.
    d9a9v3ocelwf.png

Forgot to do yoga yesterday. That makes it 6 years in a row now.
    Namaste <3

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I always feel strong after doing some yoga, which helps with my mindset a lot.

YouTube recommendation: TruFusion. They aren't posting new stuff, but they posted quite a bit during quarantine. I've done videos from the Austin and STL locations.