Skin sagging after weight loss???? Help....

schmin888
schmin888 Posts: 6
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
:indifferent: Hi everyone my name is Linda, I am new on here and starting my journey on losing 100 lbs. It is very exciting until I start wondering how your skin adapts to the lost fat. I have huge arms and worried about sagging skin after the loss. Could any of you who lost a considerable amount of weight tell me if you also had this concern and let me know if your skin still has elasticity afterwards? Gee I hope so because I cannot afford surgery to remove it all....looking forward to the responses.....PS: Also in search of friends who would like to compare stories or just would like to help in the encouragement with me on our journey. Congrats to all who had great success!!

Replies

• joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    it has a lot to do with how much extra weight you are/were carrying and for how long. Age is a major determining factor as well. When I was 20 years old, I lost 85 lbs (about 100 lbs of fat while adding back about 15 lbs of muscle) and had zero issues with sagging skin. I've slowly gained all of that weight back over the last 12+ years, and am heading down that path again, determined to keep it off for good this time. I don't know if I will have any skin issues this go-round, but I'm also very tall so the 100 lbs of fat on me is a lot more spread out than it would be on a shorter person.

Some insurance plans will cover skin removal surgery, or at least part of it. If that is a concern for you, it might be worth it to call them up and ask.
This discussion has been closed.