Trying Once Again..

Hello everyone!

Like many, I am not new to this journey but I can honestly say this is the first time that I'm losing weight for a different cause. In the past, I've had many attempts at losing weight, a few successful (20 lbs) but most others ended in failure very quickly. My reason for always wanting to lose weight was simply to look better, feel prettier, or be hot lol Now, for the first time in my life, I've seen first hand just how deadly remaining obese can be after experiencing an extremely close call of almost losing my father earlier this year. Thankfully, he survived but everyday, I'm still so scared that I'll lose him. It also made me realize that if I keep going down this route, I will be in the exact same situation as my dad who is still way too young to die. I realized that I need to stop going down this dangerous path while I'm still young and able, before it's too late. This is the first time in my life that I've ever wanted to lose weight to be healthy, and I'm looking for friends on this new path that I've taken!

Just a bit about myself:
I'm a 27 year old female from Texas with a SW of 304.8 lbs, current weight 299.8 lbs! I love playing computer and console games and competing in video game tournaments!

Replies

• Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Sounds like you found your true 'why'd, and I applaud you for your determination!
  • NotBearyFit
    NotBearyFit Posts: 9 Member
    Bump!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Excellent find for your inspiration.

Another good deep examine - is what allowed prior attempts to go amiss and allowed getting off the road?
    Destination out there is great for wanting to be on the road, but sometimes you need the next stop known to stay on.

Inspiration can always wane in the face of other problems that come up (especially if they drag on) - if you can figure out what went wrong in times past, you should be better able to address when those road bumps come up again, and be able to stay on the road.

Here's a common one seen, may or may not apply, but good to know about ahead of time.

Throwing in the towel when everything isn't just right.
    You have a rough day and overeat some snacks or a meal or two, so figure the day is lost, so ....
    Well, now the week is lost, so might as well ....
    Well, now that is gone, might as well ....