Scheduled a consult for tummy tuck

Options
emailnumber308
emailnumber308 Posts: 116 Member
edited March 2021 in Motivation and Support
Excited but also nervous. The consult is just that and its not for another month and a half. If all goes well I'll have the surgery after the holidays.

Would anyone be willing to share their experience? I don't have much skin and the doctor says I may only need a mini tuck. Either way, how long did it take for your pain to subside/ swelling to go down? Did you have to change your diet or avoid certain foods before/after surgery? How long before you were able to exercise/go back to work? Was the surgery worth it for you?

💛

Replies

• emailnumber308
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    I am super interested in this as well. It has been my main motivation. I started at 400lbs and made it down to 198. Back up to 250 last year. I have a TON of skin. I called for a consult last year and was told that even though I had lost 200+ pounds they would not consult me until I was at a healthy BMI. So 174 is where I have to be before they will even meet with me. I am 200.3 as of this morning so I hope to be able to meeting with them in 6 months or so.

That's great you were able to meet with them and get more info! Any type of surgery creeps me out but I've been thinking about a tummy tuck for the past year and the surgeon I chose does a wonderful job, especially around the belly button. I think after 6 years of keeping weight off I'm just ready to say goodbye to the loose skin on my stomach. I wish you luck on your journey!🤘 If all goes well I'll be sure to share my experience👍
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    After three pregnancies and 2 csections I have a pretty decent sized skin apron I’m dying to have removed. I’m down 30 pounds and it has decreased in size, but I don’t see it ever going away. I’m going to try to lose more weight and then get some consults and see if it is practical to have it done and if the financial cost is worth it.

Good luck to you!
  • emailnumber308
    Options
    ALZ14 wrote: »
    After three pregnancies and 2 csections I have a pretty decent sized skin apron I’m dying to have removed. I’m down 30 pounds and it has decreased in size, but I don’t see it ever going away. I’m going to try to lose more weight and then get some consults and see if it is practical to have it done and if the financial cost is worth it.

Good luck to you!

Thank you!! I had to do a ton of research on different surgeons in different states. I'm set on my surgeon but I still plan on scheduling consults with at least two other surgeons. When researching surgeons I focused on surgeons who specialized or only did tummy tucks. I also found out about care credit. If you borrow money from them and pay it off within two years you won't have to pay interest! Good luck to you as well🤗
  • emailnumber308
    Options
    After having lost 150 lbs decided to do the 'tuck'. Had 2 consults and asked if I could contact a few former patients to get their experiences. Had the procedure done in July of 2018. Had a ton of loose skin, so my procedure sounds a bit more intense than what you're looking to do. Be prepared for some permanent scaring (how much will depend upon the amount of loose skin) so think about being self-conscience if you're going to be wearing a swimsuit or anything exposing your stomach. Except for bathroom runs be prepared to be stay in bed for a couple of weeks. Was told to self-isolate for the first few weeks (no animals, especially!) to prevent infection. Really sore for the first week of so. Make sure someone will be able to assist you with drain plugs. Mine were in place for almost 3 weeks! Not fun. Couldn't workout for 90 days (think he was overly cautious, but I was in no positoin to argue! ha!).
    Ultimaltely I was very glad I did it. Put in a ton of hard work to lose the weight AND get in shape...and was so dissapointed when I looked in the mirror and could not be happy with the way I looked.
    Best of luck to you!

Thank you for sharing!! I'm hoping any pain I experience from the surgery will only last for a week. I have heard the scarring gets better overtime, of course this depends on the surgery, person, and how good the surgeon is. My fiance understands I want this and him and his mother are going to support me. My mom said she would fly in to care for me. I totally understand the desire to want to see the hard work you put in without the reminder of what was. Congrats by the way and thank you again!🙂
  • emailnumber308
    Options
    I had one in 2001. I was not overweight, but am small and after 2 wonderful babies, I had loose and wrinkled skin. I also had a breast implants (so it was your basic mommy makeover). Best thing I have ever done. Don't go to the cheapest surgeon. Do your homework so you don't get butchered. I know too many that have. Recovery is rough, I'm not gonna lie, but you will live. Make sure you have help at home for the first 2 or 3 weeks.

As for the scarring...a good surgeon will do a good job. Again, don't bargain shop. I had a full tuck and my scar healed nicely, but you can see it even this far out. It is smooth and I barely notice it anymore.

I do work out and have not allowed myself to gain a bunch of weight. I am 55 years old now and my body is better than before I had children. Now if I could just get rid of the crows feet around my eyes!

Good luck!

Thank you for the advice!! 🤗 I'm glad your surgery went well and you still love the results. I'm hoping I feel the same way!😁
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I had one in July last year. I have yo-yo'd with my weight for years and no amount of gym work was going to help what I had done to my body. I dont regret it at all. I am in the UK and went to Lithuania and the surgeons/clinic were amazing! Healing was pretty good and I went back to work after 12 days. Was a bit tough and desk job only. I just feel so much more confident even though I still want to lose maybe another 15 kgs or so. They do recommend you are at a stable weight for a good amount of time before having the surgery and dont recommend losing a lot more afterwards. Those surgeries always come with a risk but if its a chance you're willing to take then go for it :)
  • emailnumber308
    Options
    BWA468 wrote: »
    I had one in July last year. I have yo-yo'd with my weight for years and no amount of gym work was going to help what I had done to my body. I dont regret it at all. I am in the UK and went to Lithuania and the surgeons/clinic were amazing! Healing was pretty good and I went back to work after 12 days. Was a bit tough and desk job only. I just feel so much more confident even though I still want to lose maybe another 15 kgs or so. They do recommend you are at a stable weight for a good amount of time before having the surgery and dont recommend losing a lot more afterwards. Those surgeries always come with a risk but if its a chance you're willing to take then go for it :)

That's awesome! I never thought about it when I lost the weight 6 years ago but I have kept it off for so long and have been thinking about a tummy tuck a lot this year. I feel good about my body now but I wouldn't mind the extra confidence boost😄 Good to hear your surgery went well and you are happier for it. Thanks for sharing!😁🤗
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Excited but also nervous. The consult is just that and its not for another month and a half. If all goes well I'll have the surgery after the holidays.

Would anyone be willing to share their experience? I don't have much skin and the doctor says I may only need a mini tuck. Either way, how long did it take for your pain to subside/ swelling to go down? Did you have to change your diet or avoid certain foods before/after surgery? How long before you were able to exercise/go back to work? Was the surgery worth it for you?

💛

How'd it go? I had my "weight loss" makeover in Jan 2020. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm super happy to share my experience with it all.