Easy Ideas to "Spruce Up" Tuna?

Options
124»

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,898 Member
    Options
    tuna ceviche, 1 can of tuna, drain well, 1 diced tomato, 1/2 onion or less, 1/2 of diced cucumbers, 4 tbsp chopped cilantro, 1/2 diced jalapeño, juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper, mix well until all the ingredients blend and enjoy with air fried tostadas or store bought tostadas.

While I love your accompanying ingredients ceviche is from raw fish and never from canned. Your recipe with canned tuna is something I make all the time and is delicious.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,610 Member
    Options
    I make tuna ceviche tostadas with tuna steaks. Unlike ceviche with white fish, only leave raw tuna in the lime juice for 15 minutes to an hour as it otherwise discolours.
    You can microwave tostadas instead of frying if you want to cut down on calories.
    https://www.cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/6544-microwave-tostadas
    chy141lae85i.jpeg
  • juffelman49
    juffelman49 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    u48dgcca94ts.jpeg
    I have added Wickles sandwich spread. Great flavor and a little spicy kick
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I buy the spicy/bold flavored tuna packs and stir them into some mixed veg and shirataki noodles.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    cheese + tuna + pita (actually I prefer a bagel) + grill or broiler = tuna melt (I like a little onion and celery seed in the tuna salad)

Bacon makes everything better. :)
  • Amandagogo17
    Amandagogo17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I recently discovered balsamic on tuna sandwiches! Make tuna with dijon mustard mayo and garlic powder. Then the balsamic vinegar over after its so good!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,610 Member
    Options
    Thai seafood dipping sauce. You can also buy it ready made in bottles. I like Maesri brand of the commercial ones.
    https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/the-best-seafood-sauce/
  • shawnfxp
    shawnfxp Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been making tuna salad with hummus, relish, and hot sauce. It could probably use something else, but for something quick I can throw together on a lunch break it's not bad.