Fats

Options
I seem to always be high on my Fats and protein.....Suggestions

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Try more carbs and consider lower fat protein options. 🤷🏿‍♀️

If you're meeting your caloric needs, I wouldn't go bonkers over it. That said, what macros are you trying to reach (and how did you come to the current allocation)?

Also, you may want to chat with a nutritionist if macros within caloric goals are a primary concern for you.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its ok. The goal is finding a macro split that allows you to be in a deficit. If you are staying within your calories, then its all good. There is no need to eat more carbs because of the defaults set by MFP
  • zackpeters
    zackpeters Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    joylee5822 wrote: »

Shifting to lean sources of protein can be huge. Chicken breast, greek yogurt, fat free cheese etc.
  • zackpeters
    zackpeters Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Its ok. The goal is finding a macro split that allows you to be in a deficit. If you are staying within your calories, then its all good. There is no need to eat more carbs because of the defaults set by MFP

This is true to some extent. However, you can put yourself in a more ideal metabolic position by focusing on macro nutrient profile aligned to your goals.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    joylee5822 wrote: »

Suggestion - regard them as minimum goals (within your overall calorie allowance).