Macronutrients

Options
Does anyone know what the default settings are for the macronutrients.

I have them set at. Protein 35 Fat 25 Carbs 40.

Not sure if that was the default setting or not.

Thanks

Replies

• stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    50 carbs
    30 fat
    20 protein
  • FitVibration
    FitVibration Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wooow, I think Iโ€™ll just keep mine. That is a low protein setting ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Wooow, I think Iโ€™ll just keep mine. That is a low protein setting ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

It's only low if you have a small calorie allowance. 20% of 3,000 cals is 600 cals of protein or 150grams which is a reasonable amount for me (I'm 168lbs and maintaining weight).

That's part of the problem of thinking of macros in percentages, IMHO setting a minimum goal in grams is superior for many.
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    The macro ratios will also depend on the diet you are following. For example, I am following the Mediterranean diet, and over a month my macros tend to look like this:

dWQTEob.png
    (disregard the rest of the page, talking about the wheel on the left upper side)

That is 46% Carbs, 29% Fats, 22% Protein and 3% Alcohol. Have in mind that there are two ways to do this. Either you set a goal for a certain macro and try to hit it daily, or follow a certain diet and have the macros fall inside it in the balance that the diet gives. I am on the second category, but most people that are tracking their nutrition tend to use the first method.
  • FitVibration
    Options
    A lot depends if someone is working out while dieting down. Iโ€™m lifting and doing cardio. 35 minutes resistance 30 minutes cardio 10 minutes core. I workout 6 day a week but itโ€™s moderate workout. Iโ€™m trying to keep my protein level higher. I do not want to lose a lot of muscle as my weight drops.
  • FitVibration
    Options
    @sijomial 150 grams of protein is where I try and stay around. Give or take. Iโ€™m 5โ€™8 193. Trying to get down to 163 lbs. Lost about 7lbs so far.
  • FitVibration
    Options
    @Dante_80 Thatโ€™s a great app. What is it?
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @FitVibration It is a tracker like MFP called Cronometer. Useful for getting micronutrient tracking, but with a much smaller food database (using USDA and NCCDB as bases).
  • FitVibration
    Options
    @Dante_80 Thank you. Iโ€™m going to check it out.