Is this to much a day

Options
I tread water at the pool most days for 2 hours but want to add at least 45 minutes of walking at the park is that to much each day

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body and what feels ok. 2 hrs Actively treading water sounds like a lot to me. I would encourage yo yo take adult swim classes and swim laps. Walking should be great but consider building up gradually.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Is it a routine you can see yourself sticking to? Because, it is probably ok physically, but if it is something that will start to feel like a big stressors and not exercise you (mostly) look forward to and have the energy for that barely matters.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of treading water! Do you enjoy it?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    chulipa wrote: »
    I tread water at the pool most days for 2 hours but want to add at least 45 minutes of walking at the park is that to much each day

Too much what?
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of treading water! Do you enjoy it?
    Yes it’s the easiest thing I can do without causing more pain and keeping me from tearing my quad muscle again just had it fixed for the second time in July
  • chulipa
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Too much what?

Too much what?

Exercise had my quad muscle repair avian in July and am trying to strengthen it so it won’t tear again
  • chulipa
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    It all depends on your body and what feels ok. 2 hrs Actively treading water sounds like a lot to me. I would encourage yo yo take adult swim classes and swim laps. Walking should be great but consider building up gradually.

I would but Im still recovering from surgery on my quad muscle which tore for the second time I’ve lost a lot of muscle in my thigh and treading water is gentle and I enjoy being in the water
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options

Too much what?

Too much what?

Exercise had my quad muscle repair avian in July and am trying to strengthen it so it won’t tear again

Impossible to know if you will tear your quad again by a movement especially with the info you have given.

Did you suffer trama previously that caused the tear?

We can suggest that if you are adapted to a movement and use proper load management to increase the load, your risk of injury is lower and chances of the injury is also lower.

• slytherclawpride
    slytherclawpride Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You did not initially share with us that you’ve had multiple injuries and surgeries. Now that we know this, the obvious response is to consult with your PT and surgeon about this. Random opinions from internet peeps Who know nothing are not going to be helpful to you. Right?🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes! Much better to consult your PT, who is more qualified to answer this question.

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Why two hours? And almost an hour waking. Are you training for an event or to achieve some level of fitness? Asking because I am firmly in the camp that exercise should be enjoyed and should not be done as some kind of punishment.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

I would but Im still recovering from surgery on my quad muscle which tore for the second time I’ve lost a lot of muscle in my thigh and treading water is gentle and I enjoy being in the water

Ask your doctor for a referral to a physical therapist.
  • chulipa
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Why two hours? And almost an hour waking. Are you training for an event or to achieve some level of fitness? Asking because I am firmly in the camp that exercise should be enjoyed and should not be done as some kind of punishment.

No just trying to get my leg stronger lost a lot of muscle
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You could try a pull buoy if that's comfortable for you, so you can swim without using your legs if you want a bit of variety. It's actually the only way I really enjoy swimming.