Down 60 lbs, with about 45 more to go

Options
I started on June 15th at 294 lbs. I'm currently at 234. I can say it hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been all that hard to be honest. I love the direction I'm going. I have learned a lot along the way. I love to cook and I love to eat. Cooking healthy is no harder than cooking unhealthy. Eating healthy is just as enjoyable as eating unhealthy, probably more so.

uz75z4cirmlp.jpg

kvjvhwfcw2zx.jpeg

I just turned 54 years old and I didn't realize how unfit I had become. I work in a very physically demanding job and didn't really see how far my fitness had declined. I'm really proud of the changes I made. I'm happy with where I am going and so grateful for all of the encouragement.

I need to lose 2 more lbs to get to 232, at which point, I'll no longer be "Obese", just "Overweight". I can then work on getting below 200 lbs by Christmas. Perhaps by spring, I'll get to around 180 lbs, and have my fitness back that I had enjoyed when I was younger.

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Both your achievement so far and your plan!
  • ibrake4bunnies
    ibrake4bunnies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome. Very inspirational :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great! Keep it up!
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the fantastic work. Your positive, can do, attitude really shines through!! :):)
  • HealAndHonor
    HealAndHonor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the amazing work! :)
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I started on June 15th at 294 lbs. I'm currently at 234. I can say it hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been all that hard to be honest. I love the direction I'm going. I have learned a lot along the way. I love to cook and I love to eat. Cooking healthy is no harder than cooking unhealthy. Eating healthy is just as enjoyable as eating unhealthy, probably more so.

uz75z4cirmlp.jpg

kvjvhwfcw2zx.jpeg

I just turned 54 years old and I didn't realize how unfit I had become. I work in a very physically demanding job and didn't really see how far my fitness had declined. I'm really proud of the changes I made. I'm happy with where I am going and so grateful for all of the encouragement.

I need to lose 2 more lbs to get to 232, at which point, I'll no longer be "Obese", just "Overweight". I can then work on getting below 200 lbs by Christmas. Perhaps by spring, I'll get to around 180 lbs, and have my fitness back that I had enjoyed when I was younger.
    @michaeldaily4927

Looking good as the new you! Keep noticing all the changes, from the littlest to the biggest because they all count! Be proud you've done well, ppl are watching you as an example that it's possible, now show them how to KEEP IT OFF! B)

Bet you feel pretty incredible!!!
    Our bodies are so grateful when we make time to love them back to health. <3
    I'm really proud of you for taking control of your life back, it's hard work but it's so damn worth it isn't it?! I've never ever regretted the weight I've lost and kept off.

Keep it going even after your last lb to goal, make this for life Michael. You are so worth it!!

• ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Great commitment! Glad for you that it didn't seem hard and you found a healthy way that works for you!
  • michaeldaily4927
    michaeldaily4927 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! The encouragement has helped tremendously in this. Everyone that has encouraged me along the way shares in this and know that you've all paid it forward for me. I'll do all I can to help the next person on their journey as well. Stay tuned and I'll post more when I hit major milestones. And thank you all for helping and encouraging me along the way. Covid-19 has dominated the headlines, but it hasn't dampened the spirit of love and understanding in the human race.
  • domineer4life
    domineer4life Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What does your diet consist of, OP? What are the breakdowns for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner M-F? What about weekends?
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Keep it going.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!