Compliment... But why???

mm3898
mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
So yesterday I went for drinks w/ a close friend of mine and we were talking and out of no where she goes, "Have you lost weight??" I was flattered and told her thanks, but the truth is I haven't really been losing weight... HOWEVER I think I have really increased my muscle tone and I notice that I look smaller... So my question is: Have any of you ever been complimented on losing weight/see yourself looking slimmer but the actual scale number hasn't budged??? I'm not complaining, I have so much stamina now at the gym w/ both weight training and cardio, but I'm just curious...

xoxo
Maggie

Replies

• sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Sometimes even FEELING confident in yourself from more muscle tone, having more endurance will radiate you and make you stand out! Maybe you have slimmed a little, added that you feel great about yourself, & your friend noticed. :)

PS Great job!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    My scale numbers keep bouncing, so I go by pictures and can see that I'm slimming/trimming down.

Next week I plan on doing a cleanse so I can get some of this junk out of my body and jump start the weight loss.
  • Oh wow....how do you do a cleanse?
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Last night my husband and I went to walmart and checked out the diet pills/cleanse aisle.

He told me on payday (next thurs) I can get the Jillian Micheal cleanse - it's a 14 day cleanse though but it says no fasting. But I'm going to do my homework and research about the different kind of cleanses. One thing I don't want to do is starve myself.

Few years ago I did the slimquick cleanse - I had to stop in the middle of it cause it had my in the bathroom a lot and other issues. I did lose 5 lbs (but of course i gained it back cause I didn't stay focus about working out.)
  • its so funny that u say that... my family every effin day..all i hear is how my butt is getting firmer and rounder...:blushing: like it was when i was a teen...i crack up all the time..im latin and of course the booty tells all..lol!! but its like they swear that my "curves" are shaping and im like ya'll are damn near nuts!! i dont see it and i mean the scale hasnt budged much..but i guess it is that im toning up..it is funny though to hear i laugh all the time when they get started..but it is a boost...and those days that i feel like im not getting any where....:grumble: my family reminds me of how my butt is looking great...r0tfl!! :laugh: its great that your getting that boost!! we all need it even if we dont feel it!!..:happy: keep it up!!
    ginger :flowerforyou:
  • spike1380
    spike1380 Posts: 82
    I'm the opposite actually.

Since I started my diet, I've lost 25 pounds (5 since I joined MFP). No one notices. No one says anything. Everyone is surprised when they offer me ice cream and I tell them I'm on a diet. My pants from 25 pounds ago still fit just like they did back then.

My boyfriend insists I am getting slimmer but he can't seem to put his finger on where so I'm going to assume he's humoring me. Other than him though, no one says anything. The only reason I haven't given up is because the scale is still moving down.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    I'm the opposite actually.

Since I started my diet, I've lost 25 pounds (5 since I joined MFP). No one notices. No one says anything. Everyone is surprised when they offer me ice cream and I tell them I'm on a diet. My pants from 25 pounds ago still fit just like they did back then.

My boyfriend insists I am getting slimmer but he can't seem to put his finger on where so I'm going to assume he's humoring me. Other than him though, no one says anything. The only reason I haven't given up is because the scale is still moving down.

I'm sorry that nobody is noticing your terrific weight loss. But congratulations from me! I think that's amazing! And keep being impowered by the number dropping on the scale!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!