(Almost) Walked through my shoes this summer!

ALZ14
ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
edited October 2020 in Success Stories
watreidrf04n.jpeg

Since June 1st I’ve walked 677.9 miles, closed 99.97% (487 of 488) of my Apple Watch rings, dropped 29.5 pounds and worn out a pair of tennis shoes.

I’ve still got a bit more to go (somewhere between 6-16 pounds) but I’m feeling so much better!

Replies

• Walkingwithdogs
    Walkingwithdogs Posts: 69 Member
    Well done, that's a great accomplishment
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    That is great. Just be careful because the more you walk the less tolerance you have for shoes that are worn down.

Fun/irritating fact, I spend more to walk/hike than I do on my gym membership.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Those are fabulous NSVs. Way to go!
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    That is great. Just be careful because the more you walk the less tolerance you have for shoes that are worn down.

I just ordered new ones. So far they aren’t bothering me but no sense in risking injury being stubborn about buying new ones.

My husband is a runner and I never understood why he was constantly spending $150 on new shoes... I get it now.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    What a great accomplishment!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    ALZ14 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

I just ordered new ones. So far they aren’t bothering me but no sense in risking injury being stubborn about buying new ones.

My husband is a runner and I never understood why he was constantly spending $150 on new shoes... I get it now.

If you get a pair that is really great order a second pair. It is super frustrating to finally find "THE SHOE" for it to be discontinued and the "new and improved model" is terrible.

I have 3 pairs of my "the shoe". One I set aside after it was mostly worn but still somewhat serviceable to wear on rainy days. Version 2 is what I am wearing and version 3 is sitting on the bench waiting to be called into the game. I am going through shoes about every 2.5 months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!