2 weeks in and 5.4lbs down!!

Options
i know it's not sustainable, but yea!! i've almost gotten under 190 which is awesome! not going to lie, this has seemed a lot more tedious then the last time we did this 6 years ago. but i think it's been helpful to be in lockdown because i cant just try to make takeout work with my calories. i have had way more cauliflower in the past week then i've had in my entire life tho.

anyone know any good youtube channels who tend to do healthy/low cal meals? food wishes, babbish and joshua weissman just seem sadistic to watch now!!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    i know it's not sustainable, but yea!! i've almost gotten under 190 which is awesome! not going to lie, this has seemed a lot more tedious then the last time we did this 6 years ago. but i think it's been helpful to be in lockdown because i cant just try to make takeout work with my calories. i have had way more cauliflower in the past week then i've had in my entire life tho.

anyone know any good youtube channels who tend to do healthy/low cal meals? food wishes, babbish and joshua weissman just seem sadistic to watch now!!

If it seems tedious then try to determine if there are ways to make it seem easier. If you have gone too far down the "healthy eating" path you might want to back up a little. Calories dictate weight loss not food choices. Food choices matter for satiety and nutrition but you do not need every bite you eat to be nutrient dense. You can eat anything you can moderate. My weight came off and my health dramatically improved following an 80/20 mindset. 80 percent (or thereabouts) nutrient dense food and 20 percent whatever I wanted.

If there is any chance a good portion of your initial loss was not water weight you may be losing too fast. Keep an eye on it.

Good luck.

Oh and sorry I know very little about the youtubes.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you can’t see yourself eating like this FOREVER, it is not sustainable.

The key to keeping the weight OFF is going to be sustainability. If you enjoy take out food, work it into your calories.

I enjoy chinese, pizza, cake, ice cream. I need to work them in or I will fail miserably. I don’t eat them all weekly and I need to eat them in moderation (weigh and track everything), but I am determined to not regain again.