Which fitness tracker?

Options
Dante_80
Dante_80 Posts: 479 Member
edited October 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, some help if you can.

I want to start walking again. I've lost a good chunk of weight in the last five months, and I think that I can start incorporating some cardio into my week. I know that it won't help much with weight/fat loss, I mainly want to do it for my general health though. So, I was thinking of starting with 30min of walking in nature, every other day.

I want to acquire a wrist fitness tracker, to show things like the number of steps I take or/and my heart rate.

I have never used such a device. I don't have a smart phone, and I have no need for one. Thus, I'd like a device that connects to a windows pc, via usb if possible.

Does such a thing exist? Have you used one? What should I look for? Any and every help would be vastly appreciated, cheers..C:

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently bought a Polar A370 heart rate monitor and fitness tracker. Although I pair it with my phone, I believe it will pair with the computer. It’s very easy to use. Not only does it track calories during workouts but it also monitors overall activity throughout the day. It also tracks steps as well. You can go to the Polar USA website to find more information about it. I hope this helps!
  • Irfan_Ali
    Irfan_Ali Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My Garmin Fenix 5, it's probably overkill for some but I'll never go back to other brands as this does it all for me
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,126 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin as well (Vivoactive 4). I usually sync my tracker via my smartphone, but I think you can also use the Garmin Express software on a computer to set up the tracker and sync (USB cable). Not sure if this works for all Garmin trackers, but probably for a lot of them.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    All the Garmins I've looked at (probably not hit them all) will sync to a USB ANT stick you plug into your computer.
    For battery life they usually don't go nuts syncing all day anyway, but this lets you do that sync before dinner or final snacks to see where you are for the day to hit goals.

You likely have a decent idea already for meal planning, so that may not even be that useful.

I only sync that way.