Eating Over Daily BUT Below Weekly

Options
Hello,

So I’ve been working a lot of OT the last couple of weeks and when work gets busy I often forget to eat. As a result, my calories are drastically under my weakly goal and I have an abundance of a calories left over.

I’m gonna be honest, I’m kind of hungry right now despite having a decent sized late night meal. I’ve already eaten 150 over my daily goal. My question is, with a significant amount of saved calories for the week, how many calories can I safely eat over my daily goal?

Replies

• DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77 bout as accurate as I can get I think. Both my wife and I have been losing weight relatively equal to if not slightly greater than what we would expect to lose based off goal and how far off from our goal we’ve been each week.

We pretty much weigh every thing we eat and we do a lot of home cooking so no eating out.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It all balances out. If you don't eat enough during the week your body will send the hunger hormone to make up for it. The key is consistency. One day of being in a surplus is not a problem. It's being in a surplus every other day where the problem comes.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ann.

For various reasons, particularly when i was going to the gym and doing a lot of cardio, I'd often find I had surplus calories. I'd eat a bit more over the next day or so. For a couple of years now, I've kept a check on my weekly average and just aim for that to be in line with my goal. I also find it helps on weeks where I'm out for dinner a couple of nights - I'll eat less on the days I'm at home to offset the excess. My weekly average still comes out roughly where I want it to be.

Plenty of people on here deliberately eat a little less during the week, to bank calories for the weekend. The weekly average is a great tool.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ann.

For various reasons, particularly when i was going to the gym and doing a lot of cardio, I'd often find I had surplus calories. I'd eat a bit more over the next day or so. For a couple of years now, I've kept a check on my weekly average and just aim for that to be in line with my goal. I also find it helps on weeks where I'm out for dinner a couple of nights - I'll eat less on the days I'm at home to offset the excess. My weekly average still comes out roughly where I want it to be.

Plenty of people on here deliberately eat a little less during the week, to bank calories for the weekend. The weekly average is a great tool.

This is exactly how I stay in maintenance.

I work a lot of hours and don't always eat a ton during the day, and since I always bring my lunch and snacks with me, I have low-cal sensible choices so more often than not I eat below by daily maintenance goal. Upside is I will usually go out to dinner with my wife once a week so I can pretty much have whatever I want and I'm within my weekly goal. So I will loose a little during the week, go out on a Friday say, bounce up a bit, then drift back down a bit under goal during the week, bounce up a bit, rinse, wash, repeat.

I track all my daily weight and calorie recordings in a spreadsheet daily so I can track the averages weekly and monthly so I don't wander too far off the reservation, but it's been working for me since like May.