How do you reply to someone's comment in this community posts?

Options
I tried to look under help but I think it is misunderstanding my question. I see people reply to posts and it shows the post being replied about but I cannot seem to figure out how people are doing this. I will probably kick myself for not seeing it but for now any help is appreciated! TIA

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    You can use the quote button in blue and use the @cristiwinks or whoever you are wanting to talk to ...I hope that makes sense :)
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I tried to look under help but I think it is misunderstanding my question. I see people reply to posts and it shows the post being replied about but I cannot seem to figure out how people are doing this. I will probably kick myself for not seeing it but for now any help is appreciated! TIA

Hit the quote button, and you'll reply to the person, or put @ in front of their screen name.
  • cristiwinks
    cristiwinks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    You can use the quote button in blue and use the @cristiwinks or whoever you are wanting to talk to ...I hope that makes sense :)

If this worked... Thank you soooo much!! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

If this worked... Thank you soooo much!! :)

You got it .... You are so welcome @cristiwinks :)
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @cristiwinks, thanks for asking this question. I have been trying to figure it out and couldn't.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    @cristiwinks
    You don't have to quote though, to post a reply on a thread. If you do quote, it's a good idea to cut out the pictures (to including the bit in between) or to edit the quote to show just the point you are replying to.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    @cristiwinks
    You don't have to quote though, to post a reply on a thread. If you do quote, it's a good idea to cut out the pictures (to including the bit in between) or to edit the quote to show just the point you are replying to.

Thanks for the question, but I don’t think I did it right.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I did. What if I only want to use the @ sign and the user name? Whenever I do that it doesn’t turn blue, it just stays as text.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    @cristiwinks

After you hit quote, you can select and bold a particular sentence or phrase that you're responding to. If you're responding to a specific post, it really is helpful to quote it.
  • redgolden966
    redgolden966 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »

Hit the quote button, and you'll reply to the person, or put @ in front of their screen name.

Hi! This is Elizabeth. My family are Irish from Co. Cavan. My brother is getting back from Ireland tonight...having just scattered my father's ashes on the family farm. I spent every summer and Christmas there as a child and am hoping to spend 6-8 weeks there next summer. Would be great to have friend to visit!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    @cristiwinks @1poundatax

In these forums click the search button for "A Guide To Formatting Your Posts"

There is a old closed thread that I found very useful.