I Don't Want Any More Meds

Options
If you'll permit me a small pity party:

My doctor put me on a PPI for my mystery stomach pain, saying I clearly had too much stomach acid. Now instead of hurting sometimes, it hurts all the time. And I swing wildly between nauseous / disgusted by food and ravenously hungry.

I'm so tired. Every time my doctor gives me some medication it makes my life worse. I wish I'd never said anything about my stupid stomach.

I'm 100 calories over today and full of self loathing and misery. Plus I feel like butt. I'm achey and sleepy and my head hurts and I smell bad.

Nothing ever goes right.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope you can get to the bottom of what's causing this, and find some relief . . . pronto. Sending strength and well-wishes!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hugs, sweetie.
  • elizabethherberger
    elizabethherberger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can relate. In early July I had sudden sharp pain in my upper left quadrant that lasted for 3 weeks straight and hit me once or twice a day. For two more weeks I was in constant pain. I have seen my PCP 4 times, urgent care, ER, GI, and an Allergist. No one can figure it out and they all wanted to try different meds (including a PPI). No meds have helped and some made it worse (the PPI made me so nauseous). I have eliminated so many potential food triggers from my diet that there is very little I can eat now. I am waiting to get allergy testing done in November. I have spent so much money and time trying to figure it out, it is exhausting to not have answers. Just wanted to say I understand how you feel! I hope you can figure it out soon.