100lb down! - now I've got to keep it off instead of falling back into old habits.

LesField
LesField Posts: 25 Member
edited October 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,
I tried to use MyFitnessPal without success years ago when gave up smoking and I gained lots of weight.

Last October I had an operation and my doctor told my that I would not be alive to walk my daughters down the aisle unless I lost some weight. My blood pressure was through the roof. This had a big impact on me and I've lost 100lb in weight in one year (blood pressure is now normal and I'm not on any meds at all).

Now I've hit my goal weight, I'm worried about slipping into old grazing habits and putting it all back on again, so I've re-activated my account today and will be checking the calories for now on.

If you want to know how I lost the weight, I followed these simple steps.

1. Cut down on your portion sizes. - I use a side plate.
2. Use a small fork or teaspoon and slow down. Lay your cutlery down between mouthfuls. It should take 20min to eat you dinner.
3. Stop drinking anything fizzy. - fizzy drinks expand you stomach and then you eat more to fill the extra space.
4. Don’t drink whilst eating. If you feel like you need a drink, its because your belly is full and needs to be flushed by fluid to fit more in - don’t do it. When you finish eating wait 5min before having a drink.
5. Keep to food thats less than 3% fat and 5% sugar.
6. Exercise. I try to do a 30min mountain bike ride up and down some steep hills where I live 3 times a week. I played badminton every week, prior to the lockdown.

8je8exwoamsh.jpg

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Wow! What a transformation!
    Well done on your weight loss 🎉🎉
    Maintenance is another step along your journey. I’m not there yet but plenty are in the community.
    Just keep logging those foods and keeping fit too.
    Find a routine that works for you and stick with it.
    😁🙌💪🏼🎉
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    WOW! You look amazing- thank you for the inspiration. I think you are smart to continue to log what you eat and watch calories. I will do that once I am in maintenance. I lost about 65 pounds years ago but put put about 40 back on. It was very gradual and I kept thinking things like "it's only a few pounds" but eventually a few pounds turned into 40. I am so happy that you did not have to learn that lesson the hard way. Keep up the great work!
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    You look great, I don't even notice skin sagging. Wow! Terrific! Thanks for your advices. 😁
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Congratulations! :star::star::star:
  • reedbryant
    reedbryant Posts: 17 Member
    Proud of you.
  • LesField
    LesField Posts: 25 Member
    Thanks for all the positive comments.
    I'd thought I'd post a photo of my wife who has lost 140lb in the last two years. She's been my inspiration for the loss.

vwy9qmn9jycz.jpg
  • XLNC1981
    XLNC1981 Posts: 114 Member
    Bet you both feel great! Impressive when the dedication pays off!! Nice motor too 😛
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Wow you both look amazing. Well done
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    :o<3 You both look absolutely amazing!!!
  • Franky_G_3
    Franky_G_3 Posts: 3 Member
    Great job mate, you are a great example of what can be achieved when properly motivated. You have definitely inspired me. Thank you