Trouble with the MyFitnessPal app

Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10. I have used MyFitnessPal on this phone successfully for several years. Second quarter of this year the app has started acting up. When I bring the app up and enter my email address and password the app just circles for ever. Never really getting in so I can log anything. I have contacted tech support and provided them all the information they requested and tried all the suggestions they have made with no success. Every now and then it will begin working correctly again. But then it quits within a week or two. Anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I mostly use my laptop rather than the app on my phone (for which I have no idea what version of Android I have). But, have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it? Your login should still work.
  • anewken
    anewken Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no success. I have contacted tech support and provided them all the information they requested and tried all the suggestions they have made with no success.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I had pretty much the same issues since last year. (Moto Z3) I've done EVERYTHING. Uninstall, reinstalled I don't know how many times, contacted tech support so many times until I wondered why they didn't give me a direct line. Gone into the "inner workings" to give answers o questions I didn't think I needed to know. And eventually, I was left with nothing.

My "trick" is to log off the app & log back in, that will at least allow me to keep my log in streak alive in case I don't log on the laptop, yet there are times when I log on & find that that hasn't worked. Example, I logged on & uploaded my weight on the app, yet when I looked on the laptop, neither took. I basically use the app as a kinda of notebook when I'm away to transfer over later. Frustrating as I used to use the app ALL the time.

Would be nice to get them "talking" again.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I noticed an issue yesterday where the app will for no apparent reason delete a meal I rather painstakingly put together. Sometimes IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING IT, it will just disappear. I had even taken a picture of said meal. I clicked on the picture to add some more ingredients, nothing happened. I clicked again, the picture disappeared. I count that as way more than a minor glitch. To delete so much work with no recoverability would be unacceptable behavior for a free mobile game, much less a health app that has a paid option. Jeez!