Had an amazing day yesterday-- thanks, MFP community

SRK006
SRK006 Posts: 9 Member
The week before last, after losing about 2 pounds per week since late August, I was disappointed to find that I'd only lost about half a pound. But instead of letting it discourage me, I vowed to make up for it the following week. I militantly stuck to my allotted calories, but I wasn't able to work out as much as I usually do. So when weigh-in day rolled around again yesterday, I figured I was in for another disappointment.

I was wrong-- not only had I lost another two pounds, but I'd also lost a whole inch off my belly-- the first time I've ever lost more than about half an inch in one week. My weight is now below 180 for the first time since I can remember, and I'm within striking distance of my first weight-loss goal. It felt so great, I decided to celebrate with a good workout-- probably the best I've had in over a week.

I feel good right now, better than I have in a long time... and I owe a large portion of it to all of you. The stories on this site have been a continuing source of inspiration and motivation whenever I've needed it... I hope I can now do the same for you, though my journey is nowhere near as dramatic and stirring as some of yours.

Today is Thanksgiving in my neck of the woods (Canada), so I'm going to indulge myself-- a little bit, anyway. Then when I get home, I'm gonna hit the stationary bike and watch some TV. Hope everyone has a great day (and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canucks.)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!