A question for Vegans regarding Makeup.

Options
JessBbody
JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
This is a question for vegans, and cruelty free beauty lovers, regarding makeup - specifically brushes.

I realize this is a question for makeup forums but I'm more active here right now and I've noticed there are plenty of vegans.

Say there is a beauty blogger who primarily deals in clean / green beauty and of course, only cruelty free makeup and skincare.

If she features makeup brushes that are vegan, but are produced by a company that also makes cruelty free animal hair brushes, is that a deal breaker for you?

I'm wondering if this is kind of like the Burt's Bees / Clorox situation, wherein hard core cruelty free makeup enthusiasts won't buy Burt's Bees even though it's cruelty free because the parent company tests on animals.

Would you reject or no longer follow said beauty blogger because she bought and posted about vegan brushes from a company that also makes ones with animal hair?

And in case this is important to you, there is no affiliate marketing involved. She is not selling the brushes.

Asking for a friend.

Replies

• CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    If she bought and posted about the ones that are vegan and someone thought that wasn’t vegan enough, I would say that’s why vegans can tend to have a reputation for alienating people from the cause because

literally

nothing

is good enough for some of them